22 Jun How can you check if your email is valid?
Currently, 93% of digital marketers in B2B companies use email marketing as a part of their strategy. They develop messages responsively in order that they will be read on mobile devices and conduct tests to seek out the simplest subject lines that encourage their subscribers to open the emails. Finally, several CTAs are tested to know which combination results in the foremost conversions.
But if you don’t check if your emails are valid, leaving your email list outdated, your campaigns might not produce the results you would like . If your emails never reach your contacts’ inbox, you’ll miss out on an excellent opportunity of converting your leads into sales.
The success of your campaigns is linked to the standard of your email list. does one remember the last time you removed unwanted emails from your mailing list? If several of your emails weren’t delivered in your previous couple of campaigns, why do you have to keep these contacts? it’d appear to be alittle thing, but it’s not.
Having an inventory filled with invalid or incorrect email addresses costs the corporate valuable resources like time and money. to possess a sustainable and successful email marketing strategy, you want to check If an email is valid before you opt to stay it in your list .
What is a legitimate email address?
A valid email may be a deliverable email address, that is, one that reaches the recipient’s inbox. In other words, when sending a message to a legitimate email, the message doesn’t return, and your hard bounce rate doesn’t increase.
In technical terms, a legitimate email consists of an address whose username exists within that domain.
Checking if an email is valid or not is important for several reasons. Given below are some scenarios which find yourself lowering the standard of your mailing list:
· The user entered the incorrect address. the primary reason an email is taken into account invalid may be a typo. When registering to your list, the user may have typed an incorrect email address or just used a fake one;
• The user deleted the account. it’s common for email users to possess quite one account, like knowledgeable one and a private one, or accounts with different providers. the worldwide average is 1.75 email accounts per person, and normally one account finishes up being unused;
• The user changed the user name for the e-mail address. within the same way that the user can delete his account or change their service provider, he also can change his username, and leave the old account unused or deleted;
• The user left their company or changed jobs. A consumer might use their corporate email to check in for a list . within the instance where leaves the corporate , he renders that email address useless for your campaigns;
• The domain not exists. If the domain website ceases to exist, the emails related to that domain also will not receive messages.
• The email doesn’t belong to a user. There also are those accounts that don’t belong to a selected person. for instance , an email like firstname.lastname@example.org is made to succeed in a company’s department, and not one person (whose tastes and interests are easier to decipher).
• The address is duplicated. Finally, it’s also common for mailing lists to possess duplicate accounts, either thanks to a system failure or because the user registered an equivalent address with different names.
Why do you have to check if an email is valid?
The answer to the present question is straightforward: validated email lists contain almost exclusively email addresses that correspond to active users. this suggests that your efforts to make a successful campaign are more likely to be fruitful, as actual people are getting to receive your messages.
Consequently, you’ll be ready to focus your efforts on creating attention-grabbing subject lines, email designs and quality content which will resonate with those that are more likely of becoming your customer, rather than worrying about metrics like bounce rates.
But not only that. one among the criterias employed by leading email providers, like Gmail and Yahoo, to classify their messages as spam is whether or not the campaigns sent reach active users.
It may be strange, but email addresses expire. it’s estimated that, of the 1000 contacts of a corporation , 4.5% lose their validity after just 28 days. People often create temporary accounts to receive particular promotions or communications. After the amount of interest, the addresses are abandoned.
ISPs (Internet Service Providers), to reuse their resources, recycle these inactive addresses by excluding them. one among the most delivery criteria is whether or not the campaigns you send are relevant.
If you send emails to email addresses that aren’t active, and your number of bounces is high, your sender reputation will automatically suffer, causing messages to be forwarded to the spam folder or to not be delivered.
If you analyze the rationale why you ought to check if an email is valid from the attitude of ESPs (Email Service Providers), you’ll obtain an identical result.
Email marketing providers, like MailChimp, Activa Campaign and NewsletterSoft, are concerned with ensuring that their customers’ mailing lists are validated, otherwise, their sending IPs could also be blocked.
Many providers, like MailChimp, don’t clear new mailing lists, preferring to dam customer accounts when the amount of spam complaints is high. To avoid this scenario, checking whether the accounts are valid is important .
How are you able to check if an email is valid or not?
There are some ways to see if an email is valid – and we’ve talked about it here.
No doubt, the simplest choice is to use an email validation tool, like TheChecker. additionally to being simpler to use than other solutions, TheChecker verifies far more than simply the address syntax, it also does the following:
• Checking the syntax of the email: email addresses don’t got to follow the grammar, but there are some rules that you simply must suits so as for the e-mail to be sent. The tool does this validation for you;
• Domain verification: the tool also checks if the domain is spelled correctly and if it still exists;
• Checking unlikely names: it’s also necessary to see if the e-mail isn’t an address created at random;
• MX Records check: Mail Exchange (MX) records are the name System (DNS) records required for a message sent to an address to be received by it. The tool checks the MX record to make sure that the message reaches its destination;
• Catch-all email check: email validation also checks if the address isn’t a catch-all email (which receives all messages directed to a selected domain, albeit the username wasn’t created for that one domain);
• SMTP authentication (ping test): finally, the tool performs a ping test, which checks if there are any obstacles within the path between the outgoing address (from where you send the emails) and therefore the incoming address (of the recipient), to spot whether an account is active or not.
What’s better: TheChecker does it all with one among the very best deliverability rates on the market – with 99% accuracy in its checks.
Benefits of using an email checker
Cleaning and maintaining your address databases is important to making sure that your email marketing campaigns remain effective, relevant and profitable.
Here are some benefits of checking if an email list is valid:
Improves your delivery capacity
If the concept of deliverability remains not clear to you, it’s worth reading about our guarantee of deliverability.
But how exactly will a clean, qualified contact list assist you out?
• Avoiding rebounds: when your contact list isn’t filtered out regularly, it’s going to contain invalid and outdated email addresses. These cases trigger bounced emails (error messages for every email that wasn’t delivered), detected by the providers. As a result, your campaigns are often blocked momentarily or permanently. By keeping your bounce rate low, you reduce your risk of being blocked. This action optimizes the delivery capacity of your email marketing campaigns;
• watch out for spam traps: an outdated list also can contain spam traps or “fraudulent emails”. These are real email accounts, created by real users, that are disabled (usually thanks to inactivity). These email addresses are recycled by ISPs to be used as traps to combat unwanted email addresses. Sending campaigns to those addresses may be a signal to ISPs that your database is of poor quality and your reputation as a sender are going to be adversely affected.
Improves your sales performance
By having an up-to-date database with relevant and good quality information, you give the sales team longer to specialise in what they are doing best to get more results.
This not only allows the sales team to receive accurate data, but also improves your ability to segment your lists and send even more assertive campaigns.
Reinforce your brand engagement
A complete and qualified database allows you to adapt the message for every contact and personalize it thoroughly.
By regularly updating your contact list, you improve your brand image and increase your engagement rate.
Improves ROI of email campaigns
Everyone wants to possess an email list with as many subscribers as possible. But an outsized list doesn’t necessarily mean good returns on investment.
It has been proven that the ROI of email marketing (as compared to other sorts of marketing) is one among the very best because it can reach up to 4400%.
But, if a number of the subscribers on your list are unreachable, how will you achieve that ROI? Checking if the addresses are valid will allow you to prioritize the weather that have the most important impact on your ROI.
After all, it’s better to possess a list with fewer subscribers who read your emails, than 20,000 contacts that aren’t reachable.
Try The Checker directly
The Checker is that the choice of market giants like Netflix, Zumper, WeWork, openTable and thousands of companies (of all sizes) in additional than 170 countries.
Why is that? Because our solution provides accurate, affordable and quick results. It removes duplicate email addresses, spam filters and also checks for “mask” emails, which are wont to hide the recipient’s real address.
If you’re still unsure why don’t you provides it a try? check in for free of charge to earn 100 verification credits and begin validating your addresses! We also welcome any feedback that you simply may have. Let’s kill the bounce!